عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Optimal neuromuscular control of the lumbar-pelvic muscle plays a vital role in maintaining posture and maximizing efficiency of movement. Autism spectrum disorder is one of the neurological-developmental disabilities. Due to developmental defects in their nervous system and lack of physical activity, these children have balance weakness, body control and trunk stability. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of 8 weeks of core stability training on function of lumbar-pelvic muscle in autistic children. The sample included 32 boys with ASD (aged between 6 and 10) who were matched based on Gilliam Garz Diagnostic criteria. The subjects were randomly divided into control group (n=16) and experimental group (n=16). Core stabilization training was performed based on Jeffrey protocol for 8 weeks, 3 sessions per week individually in the experimental group. The lumbar-pelvic function was measured by step down test. After checking data normality by Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, data were analyzed by dependent and independent t tests. The results showed that core stability training had an effect on improving lumbar-pelvic function in dominant and non-dominant legs of autism children in the experimental group (P≤0.05) while no significant changes were observed in the control group. Therefore, this training can be recommended as an effective program for trunk functional performance and core stability in rehabilitation of children with autism.
1. حدادنژاد، ملیحه؛ رجبی، رضا؛ علیزاده، محمدحسین؛ لطافتکار، امیر (1389)." آیا ثبات مرکزی تنه اندام تحتانی زنان ورزشکار را در معرض آسیبدیدگی قرار میدهد؟"، پژوهش در علوم توانبخشی، ش 6 (2)، ص20-14.
2. رضوی، ثمین (1391). "بررسی ارتباط ثباتمرکزی با تعادل ایستا و پویا در ورزشکاران مرد اسکی اسنوبرد"، پایاننامۀ کارشناسیارشد، دانشگاه گیلان، ص 75-65.
3. نظری شریف، حسین (1392). "مطالعۀ نیمرخ ساختاری و آمادگی جسمانی کودکان اوتیسم"، پایاننامۀ کارشناسیارشد، دانشگاه گیلان، ص89-88.
4. Akuthota V, Ferreiro A, Moore T, Feredericson M.(2008). " Core stability exercise principles". J Curr sci india,7(1): pp: 39-44.
5. Anjiviona J (1995). " Prior M. Comparison of Asperger syndrome and high-functioning autistic children on a test of motor impairment". J Autism Dev Disord, 25(1): pp:23-39
6. Baio J (2012). " Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders: Autism and Developmental Disabilities". Monitoring Network, 14 Sites, United States, 2008, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report(MMWR) Surveillance Summaries, 61(3): pp: 1-19.
7. Bauman ML, Kemper TL (2005). " Neuroanatomic observations of the brain in autism: a review and future directions". Int J Dev Neurosci, 23(2): pp:183-7
8. Clark MA, Fater D, Reuteman P (2000). " Core (trunk) stabilization and its importance for closed kinetic chain rehabilitation". Orthop Clin N Am, 9(2): pp:119-136
9. Comerford MJ, & Mottram SL (2001). " Movement and stability dysfunction contemporary developments". J Manual Ther , 6(1): pp:15-26
10. Dendas AM (2010). " The relationship between core stability and athletic performance", A Thesis for the Masters of Science Degree in Exercise Science, Humboldt State University, pp:57-66
11. Dowell LR (2009). " Mahone EM, Mostofsky SH. Associations of postural knowledge and basic motor skill with dyspraxia in autism: Implication for abnormalities in distributed connectivity and motor learning". J Neuropsychology, 23(5): pp:563-560
12. Fragala-Pinkham M, O'Neil ME, Haley SM (2010). "Summative evaluation of a pilot aquatic exercise program for children with disabilities". J Disabil Health, 3(3): pp:162-70
13. Gilliam JE (2006). “GARS-2. Gilliam autism rating scale second edition” Austin, TX: Pro-Ed Inc.36-44
14. Hodges PW)2003) ." Core stability exercise in chronic low back pain". J Orthop clin N Am, 34(2): pp:245-254.
15. Jeffreys I (2002). "Developing a progressive core stability program." J Strength Cond, 24: pp:65-73
16. kahle N (2009). "The Effects Of core Stability Traning on Balance Testing in Yong Healthy Adults" .A Thesis Entitled as Partial Fulfillment of th Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors in Exercise Science, The University of Toled, pp:7-18.
17. Kibler WB, Press J, Sciascia A (2006). "The role of core stability in athletic function". J Sports Med, 36(3): pp:189-198
18. Kientz MA, Dunn W (1997). "A comparison of the performance of children with and without autism on the Sensory Profile." Occup Ther J Res, 51(7): pp:530-7
19. Lang R, Koegel LK, Ashbaugh K, Regester A, Ence, W, Smith W (2010). " Physical exercise and individuals with autism spectrum disorders: A systematic review". Res Autism Spect Disord, 4(4): pp:565-76
20. Leetun DT, Ireland ML, Willson JD, Ballantyne BT, Davis IM (2004). "Core stability measures as risk factors for lower extremity injury in athletes". J of Medicine, 36(6): pp:926-934
21. Loudon JK, Wiesner D, Goist-Foley HL, Asjes C, Loudon KL (2002). "Intrarater reliability of functional performance tests for subjects with patellofemoral pain syndrome". J Athl Training,37 (3) : pp: 256
22. McCurdy K, Langford G (2006). "The relationship between maximum unilateral squat strength and balance in young adult men and women". J Sport Sci medicine, 5: pp:282-288.
23. Molloy CA, Dietrich KN, Bhattacharya A (2003). " Postural stability in children with autism spectrum disorder". J Autism Dev Disord, 33(6): pp:643-52.
24. Nancy J, Minshew KS, Bobby Lj, Joseph, MF(2004). "Underdevelopment of the postural control system in autism". J Neurolo, 63: pp:2056-2061
25. Pan CY(2009). "Age, social engagement, and physical activity in children with autism spectrum disorders". Res Autism Spec Disord, 3(1): pp:22-31
26. Pan CY(2011). " The efficacy of an aquatic program on physical fitness and aquatic skills in children with and without autism spectrum disorders". Res Autism Spec Disord, 5(1): pp:657-65
27. Papadopoulos N, McGinley J, Tonge B, Bradshaw J, Saunders K, Murphy A, Rinehart N(2012). "Motor proficiency and emotional/behavioural disturbance in autism and Asperger’s disorder: another piece of the neurological puzzle?" J Autism, 16(6): pp:627-40
28. Parkhouse, K. L., & Ball, N (2011). "Influence of dynamic versus static core exercises on performance in field based fitness tests". J Bodywork Movement Ther, 15(4), pp:517-524
29. Petrofsky JS, Cuneo M, Dial R, Pawley AK, Hill J (2005). "Core Strengthening and Balance in the Geriatric Population". Appl Sci Res,5(3): pp:423-433.
30. Rezvankhah Golsefidi N, Younesi A, Salehi Golsefidi A (2013). " Effects of 8-week core stabilization exercises on the balance of students with high-functioning autism". Inter J Sport Stu, 3 (12):1 pp:369-1374 [in persion]
31. Samadi SA, Mahmoodizadeh A, McConkey R.(2012). "A national study of the prevalence of autism among five-year-old children in Iran.J Autism". 2012; 16(1): pp:5-14
32. Sato K, Mokha M (2009). "Does core strength training influence running kinetics, lower-extremity stability, and 5000-m performance in runners?" J Strength Cond, 23(1): pp:133-40
33. Sekendiz B, Cug M, Korkusuz F(2010). "Effects Of Swiss-Ball Core Strength Training On Strength, Endurance, Flexibility, And Balance In Sedentary Women". J Strength Cond, 24: pp:3032-3040
34. Silfies SP, Mehta R, Smith SS, Karduna AR(2009). "Differences in Feedforward Trunk Muscle Activity in Subgroups of Patients With Mechanical Low Back Pain". Arch Med Rehab, 90(7): pp:1159-1169
35. Stanton R, Reaburn PR, Humphries B(2004). "The effect of short-term Swiss ball training on core stability and running economy". J Strength Cond,18(3): pp:522-528.
36.Willson JD, Dougherty CP, Ireland ML, Davis IM (2005). "Core Stability And Its Relationship To Lower Extremity Function And Injury". J Amer Aca Orthop Surgeons, 13(5): pp:316-325.
37. Vela-Garcia FJ, Grenier SG, Mcgill S (2000). "Abnominal muscle response during curl-ups on both stable and labile surfaces". J Phys Ther, 8(6): pp: 564-9