عنوان مقاله [English]
Pilates is a series of specialized exercises that induces body and mind to influence strength, endurance and flexibility. Muscle strength reduces in women with aging and menopause. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of Pilates training on trunk core stability in menopausal women. 30 menopausal women were randomly divided into experimental and control groups. Experimental group completed 16 weeks of modified Pilates training. Trunk core stability was measured before training, after 8 and 16 weeks of training. ANOVA with repeated measures was used to compare the results of pretest and posttest. The results showed a significant interaction between group and time (P=0.00, F=13.85, df=2.48). Trunk core stability significantly increased after 8 and 16 weeks. Also, it significantly increased after 16 weeks in comparison with 8 weeks (P=0.007, F=8.668, df=1.24). 8 weeks of Pilates training increased trunk core stability and this increase continued up to 16 weeks in this training protocol. It was concluded that Pilates training not only prevented the loss of trunk core stability in menopausal women but also improved this stability.
1. علی زمانی، سمیه؛ قاسمی، غلامعلی؛ صالحی، حمید؛ مرندی، سید محمد (1390).«تأثیر تمرینات پیلاتس بر بیماران زن مبتلا به کمردرد مزمن»، نشریۀ طب ورزشی، دورۀ 2، ش 3، ص 55-37.
3. ناصری، نسرین؛ فخاری، زهرا؛ صنوبری، مریم؛ صدریا، گلناز (1391). «بررسی ارتباط ثبات مرکزی با عملکرد اندام تحتانی در زنان ورزشکار»، فصلنامۀ توانبخشی نوین، سال ششم، ش 2، پیاپی 22، ص 49-42.
4. Brena, Guedes de Sigueira Ro drigues. Samaria, Ali Cader. Natali Valim Oliver Bento Torres. Edilea, Monteiro de Oliveira. Estelio, Henrique Martin Dontas. (2010). "Pilates Method in personal autonomy, static balance and quality of life of elderty females", J Body Work and Movment Therapies, 14, PP: 195-202
5. Carpes, FP. Reinehr, FB. Mota, CB. (2008)." Effects of a program for trunk strength and stability on pain, low back and pelvis kinematics, and body balance: a pilot study.[ Journal Article, Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't]", J Bodyw Mov Ther, 12(1), pp: 22-30
6. Don, Zelli S. D,i Domenica E. Cova, AM. Galletti, R. Giunta, N. (2006). "Two different techniques in the rehabilitation treatment of low back pain: arandmized controlled trial", J Physical and rehabilitation medicine, 42(3), pp: 205-210
7. Emery, K. Deserres, SJ. McMillam, A. Cote, JN. (2010). "The effect of pilates traininig program on arm trunk posture and movment", J Clin biomechanc, 25(2), pp: 124-130
8. Fredericson, M. Moore, T. (2005) "Core stabilization training for middle-and long-distance runner", J New studies in athletics, 20, PP: 25-37
9. Granata, KP. Orishimo, KF. ( 2001). "Response of trunk muscle coactivation to changes in spinal stability". J Biomechanics, 34, PP: 1117-1123
10. Hertel, J. Braham, RA. Hale, SA. Olmsted Kramer, LC. ( 2006) . "Simplifying the star excursion balance test: analyses of subjects with and without chronic ankle instability", J Orthopedic sport physical, 36(3), PP: 131-137
11. Judit, Plachy. Magdolna, Kovach. Jozsef, Bognar. (2012). "Improving flexibility and endurance of elderly women through a six-month training program", J human Movment, 13(1), pp: 22-27
12. Kavcic, N. Grenier, S. McGill, SM. ( 2004). "Quantifying tissue loads and spine stability while performing commonly prescribed low back stabilization exercises", Spine 29, pp: 2319-2329
13. W Ben, Kibler. Joel, Press. Aaron, Sciascia. (2006). "The role of core stability in athletic function", J Sports medicine, 36(3), PP: 189-198
14. Kloubec, JA. ( 2010). "Pilates for improvement of muscle endurance, flexibility, balance, and posture", J Strength & Conditioning Research, 24, PP: 661-667
15. Lee, Herrington. Rachel, Davies. (2005). "The influence of Pilates training on the ability to contract the transversus abdominis muscle in asymptomatic individuals", J bodywork and movement therapies, 9, PP: 52-5
16. Leetun, DT. Ireland, ML. Willson, JD. Ballantyne, BT. Davis, IM. (2004). "Core stability measures az risk factors for lower extermity injury in athletes", J med sci sports exercise, 36, PP: 926-934
17. M, Mcgill. Aaron, Childs. Craig, Lieberman. (1999). "Endurance times for low back stabilization exercises: clinical targets for testing and training from a normal database", J Phys Med Rehabil, 80, PP: 941-944
18. Paul, W Hodges. Carolyn, A Richardson. (1999)." Altered trunk muscle recruitment in people with low back pain with upper limb movement at different speeds", J Phys Med Rehabil, 80, PP: 1005-1012
19. Peggy, A Houglum. David, H Perrin. ( 2001). "Therapeutic exercise for athletic injuries . athletic training education series", J human kinetics, 15, PP: 496.
20. Petrofsky, J S. Cuneo, M. Dial, R. Pawley, Ashley K. Hill, J. (2005). "Core strengthening and balance in the geriatric population", J Applied research, 3, pp: 24-35
21. Sureepom, Phrompaet. Aatit,Paungmali. Ubon, Pirunsan.Patraporn, Sitilertpisan. (2011). "Effects of Pilates training on lumbo-pelvic stability and flexibility", J sports medicine, 2(1), PP: 16-22
22. Reed, CA. Ford, KR. Myer, GD. Hewett, TE. (2012). "The effects of isolated and integrated ‘core stability’training on athletic performance measures", J Sports medicine, 42(8), PP: 697-706.
23. Rydeard, R. Leger, A. Smith, D. ( 2006). "Pilates-based therapeutic exercise: effect on subjects with nonspecific chronic low back pain and functional disability: a randomized controlled trial ",J Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, 36(7), PP: 472-484.
24. Sekendiz, B. Altun, Ö. Korkusuz, F. Akın, S. (2007). "Effects of Pilates exercise on trunk strength, endurance and flexibility in sedentary adult females", J bodywork and movement therapies, 11, PP: 318-326.
25. Tse, MA. McManus, MA. (2005) . "Development and validation of a core endurance intervention program: implications for performance in college-age rowers", J Strength & Conditioning Research, 19, PP: 547-552.