. Bell, D.R., et al., Two-and 3-dimensional knee valgus are reduced after an exercise intervention in young adults with demonstrable valgus during squatting. Journal of athletic training, 2013. 48(4): p. 442-449.
2. Bell, D.R., D.A. Padua, and M.A. Clark, Muscle strength and flexibility characteristics of people displaying excessive medial knee displacement. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, 2008. 89(7): p. 1323-1328.
3. Bennell, K.L., et al., The effects of hip muscle strengthening on knee load, pain, and function in people with knee osteoarthritis: a protocol for a randomised, single-blind controlled trial. BMC musculoskeletal disorders, 2007. 8(1): p. 121.
4. Boling, M., et al., Gender differences in the incidence and prevalence of patellofemoral pain syndrome. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports, 2010. 20(5): p. 725-730.
5. Claiborne, T.L., et al., Relationship between hip and knee strength and knee valgus during a single leg squat. Journal of applied biomechanics, 200606. 22(1): p. 41-50.
6. Cook, G., L. Burton, and B. Hoogenboom, Pre-participation screening: the use of fundamental movements as an assessment of function–part 1. North American journal of sports physical therapy: NAJSPT, 2006. 1(2): p. 62.
7. Cronin, B., et al., Greater Hip Extension but Not Hip Abduction Explosive Strength Is Associated With Lesser Hip Adduction and Knee Valgus Motion During a Single-Leg Jump-Cut. Orthopaedic journal of sports medicine, 2016. 4(4): p. 2325967116639578.
8. Dill, K.E., et al., Altered knee and ankle kinematics during squatting in those with limited weight-bearing–lunge ankle-dorsiflexion range of motion. Journal of athletic training, 2014. 49(6): p. 723-732.
9. Ford, K.R., et al., An evidence-based review of hip-focused neuromuscular exercise interventions to address dynamic lower extremity valgus. Open access journal of sports medicine, 2015. 6: p. 291.
10. Goto, S., The effects of an integrated exercise program on lower extremity biomechanics in females with medial knee displacement. 2015: THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL.
11. Heinert, B.L., et al., Hip abductor weakness and lower extremity kinematics during running. Journal of sport rehabilitation, 2008. 17(3): p. 243-256.
12. Hewett, T.E., G.D. Myer, and K.R. Ford, Decrease in neuromuscular control about the knee with maturation in female athletes. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 2004. 86(8): p. 1601-1608.
13. Hollman, J.H., et al., Relationships between knee valgus, hip-muscle strength, and hip-muscle recruitment during a single-limb step-down. Journal of sport rehabilitation, 2009. 18(1): p. 104-117.
14. Hollman, J.H., et al., Modulation of frontal-plane knee kinematics by hip-extensor strength and gluteus maximus recruitment during a jump-landing task in healthy women. Journal of sport rehabilitation, 2013. 22(3): p. 184-190.
15. Homan, K.J., et al., The influence of hip strength on gluteal activity and lower extremity kinematics. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 2013. 23(2): p. 411-415.
16. Jacobs, C.A., et al., Hip abductor function and lower extremity landing kinematics: sex differences. Journal of athletic training, 2007. 42(1): p. 76.
17. Joseph, A.M., et al., A multisport epidemiologic comparison of anterior cruciate ligament injuries in high school athletics. Journal of athletic training, 2013. 48(6): p. 810-817.
18. Kagaya, Y., Y. Fujii, and H. Nishizono, Association between hip abductor function, rear-foot dynamic alignment, and dynamic knee valgus during single-leg squats and drop landings. Journal of Sport and Health Science, 2015. 4(2): p. 182-187.
19. Malloy, P., et al., The association of dorsiflexion flexibility on knee kinematics and kinetics during a drop vertical jump in healthy female athletes. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2015. 23(12): p. 3550-3555.
20. Munro, A., L. Herrington, and M. Carolan, Reliability of 2-dimensional video assessment of frontal-plane dynamic knee valgus during common athletic screening tasks. Journal of sport rehabilitation, 2012. 21(1): p. 7-11.
21. Norkin, C.C. and D.J. White, Measurement of joint motion: a guide to goniometry. 2016: FA Davis.
22. Padua, D.A., D.R. Bell, and M.A. Clark, Neuromuscular characteristics of individuals displaying excessive medial knee displacement. Journal of athletic training, 2012. 47(5): p. 525-536.
23. Patrek, M.F., et al., Hip-abductor fatigue and single-leg landing mechanics in women athletes. Journal of athletic training, 2011. 46(1): p. 31-42.
24. Piva, S.R., E.A. Goodnite, and J.D. Childs, Strength around the hip and flexibility of soft tissues in individuals with and without patellofemoral pain syndrome. Journal of orthopaedic & sports physical therapy, 2005. 35(12): p. 793-801.
25. Rabin, A. and Z. Kozol, Measures of range of motion and strength among healthy women with differing quality of lower extremity movement during the lateral step-down test. Journal of orthopaedic & sports physical therapy, 2010. 40(12): p. 792-800.
26. Rabin, A., Z. Kozol, and A.S. Finestone, Limited ankle dorsiflexion increases the risk for mid-portion Achilles tendinopathy in infantry recruits: a prospective cohort study. Journal of foot and ankle research, 2014. 7(1): p. 48.
27. Schmitz, R.J., S.J. Shultz, and A.-D. Nguyen, Dynamic valgus alignment and functional strength in males and females during maturation. Journal of athletic training, 2009. 44(1): p. 26-32.
28. Sigward, S.M., S. Ota, and C.M. Powers, Predictors of frontal plane knee excursion during a drop land in young female soccer players. Journal of orthopaedic & sports physical therapy, 2008. 38(11): p. 661-667.
29. Stickler, L., M. Goehring, and B. Kinne, The impact of hip strengthening and/or neuromuscular control on frontal plane knee kinematics and kinetics in females: a systematic review. Physical Therapy Reviews, 2016. 21(1): p. 10-16.
30. Thijs, Y., et al., Relationship between hip strength and frontal plane posture of the knee during a forward lunge. British journal of sports medicine, 2007. 41(11): p. 723-727.
31. Willy, R.W. and I.S. Davis, The effect of a hip-strengthening program on mechanics during running and during a single-leg squat. journal of orthopaedic & sports physical therapy, 2011. 41(9): p. 625-632.