1.Michael AT, McManus AM, Masters RS. Development and validation of a core endurance intervention program: implications for performance in college-age rowers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2005 Aug 1;19(3):547.
2.Jin ZH, Kibler WB, Press J, Sciascia A. The Role of Core Stability in Athletic Function. Journal of Beijing Sport University. 2008;12:039.
3.Panjabi MM, inventor; Yale University, assignee. Dynamic spine stabilizer. United States patent US 7,476,238. 2009 Jan 13.
4.Hibbs AE, Thompson KG, French D, Wrigley A, Spears I. Optimizing performance by improving core stability and core strength. Sports medicine. 2008 Dec 1;38(12):995-1008.
5.Zazulak BT, Hewett TE, Reeves NP, Goldberg B, Cholewicki J. Deficits in Neuromuscular Control of the Trunk Predict Knee Injury Risk: Prospective Biomechanical-Epidemiologic Study. The American journal of sports medicine. 2007 Jul;35(7):1123-30.
6.Thijs Y, Van Tiggelen D, Willems T, De Clercq D, Witvrouw E. Relationship between hip strength and frontal plane posture of the knee during a forward lunge. British journal of sports medicine. 2007 Nov 1;41(11):723-7.
7.Lederman E. The myth of core stability. Journal of bodywork and movement therapies. 2010 Jan 1;14(1):84-98.
8.Myer GD, Brent JL, Ford KR, Hewett TE. Real-time assessment and neuromuscular training feedback techniques to prevent ACL injury in female athletes. Strength and conditioning journal. 2011 Jun 1;33(3):21.
9.Hewett TE, Myer GD, Ford KR, Heidt Jr RS, Colosimo AJ, McLean SG, Van den Bogert AJ, Paterno MV, Succop P. Biomechanical measures of neuromuscular control and valgus loading of the knee predict anterior cruciate ligament injury risk in female athletes: a prospective study. The American journal of sports medicine. 2005 Apr;33(4):492-501.
10.Cichanowski HR, Schmitt JS, Johnson RJ, Niemuth PE. Hip strength in collegiate female athletes with patellofemoral pain. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2007 Aug;39(8):1227-32.
11. Mannion AF, Taimela S, Müntener M, Dvorak J. Active therapy for chronic low back pain: part 1. Effects on back muscle activation, fatigability, and strength. Spine. 2001 Apr 15;26(8):897-908.
12. Cook G, Burton L, Hoogenboom B. Pre-participation screening: the use of fundamental movements as an assessment of function–part 1. North American journal of sports physical therapy: NAJSPT. 2006 May;1(2):62.
13. Cook G, Burton L, Hoogenboom B. Pre-participation screening: The use of fundamental movements as an assessment of function–Part 2. North American journal of sports physical therapy: NAJSPT. 2006 Aug;1(3):132.
14. Cook G. Movement: Functional movement systems: Screening, assessment, corrective strategies. On Target Publications; 2010 Jul 15.
15.Minick KI, Kiesel KB, Burton L, Taylor A, Plisky P, Butler RJ. Interrater reliability of the functional movement screen. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2010 Feb 1;24(2):479-86.
16.Kiesel K, Plisky PJ, Voight ML. Can serious injury in professional football be predicted by a preseason functional movement screen?. North American journal of sports physical therapy: NAJSPT. 2007 Aug;2(3):147.
17. Giussani KS. Core stability in low back pain: therapeutic exercise for spinal segmental stabilization low back pain. J Biomech. 2002:120-8.
18. Kong YS, Cho YH, Park JW. Changes in the activities of the trunk muscles in different kinds of bridging exercises. Journal of physical therapy science. 2013;25(12):1609-12.
19. Leetun DT, Ireland ML, Willson JD, Ballantyne BT, Davis IM. Core stability measures as risk factors for lower extremity injury in athletes. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2004 Jun 1;36(6):926-34.
20. Mitchell UH, Johnson AW, Adamson B. Relationship between functional movement screen scores, core strength, posture, and body mass index in school children in Moldova. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2015 May 1;29(5):1172-9.
21. Reed CA, Ford KR, Myer GD, Hewett TE. The effects of isolated and integrated ‘core stability’training on athletic performance measures. Sports medicine. 2012 Aug 1;42(8):697-706.
22. Nesser TW, Huxel KC, Tincher JL, Okada T. The relationship between core stability and performance in division I football players. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2008 Nov 1;22(6):1750-4.
23. Mayhew JL, Piper FC, Schwegler TM, Ball TE. Contributions of Speed, Agility and Body Composition to Anaerobic Power Measurement in College Football Players. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 1989 Nov 1;3(4):101-6.
24.Stockbrugger BA, Haennel RG. Validity and reliability of a medicine ball explosive power test. The Journal of strength & conditioning research. 2001 Nov 1;15(4):431-8.
25.Layne, M. Water Exercise: Human Kinetics 2015.
26. Hertel J, Miller SJ, Denegar CR. Intratester and intertester reliability during the Star Excursion Balance Tests. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation. 2000 May;9(2):104-16.
27. McGill SM, Childs A, Liebenson C. Endurance times for low back stabilization exercises: clinical targets for testing and training from a normal database. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 1999 Aug 1;80(8):941-4.
28. Sorenson EA. Functional movement screen as a predictor of injury in high school basketball athletes. University of Oregon; 2009.
29. Teyhen DS, Shaffer SW, Lorenson CL, Halfpap JP, Donofry DF, Walker MJ, Dugan JL, Childs JD. The functional movement screen: a reliability study. Journal of orthopaedic & sports physical therapy. 2012 Jun;42(6):530-40.
30. Sharrock C, Cropper J, Mostad J, Johnson M, Malone T. A pilot study of core stability and athletic performance: is there a relationship?. International journal of sports physical therapy. 2011 Jun;6(2):63.
31. Akuthota V, Nadler SF. Core strengthening1. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 2004 Mar 1;85:86-92.
32. Okada T, Huxel KC, Nesser TW. Relationship between core stability, functional movement, and performance. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2011 Jan 1;25(1):252-61.
33.Warren M, Smith CA, Chimera NJ. Association of the functional movement screen with injuries in division I athletes. Journal of sport rehabilitation. 2015 May;24(2):163-70.
34. Plisky PJ, Rauh MJ, Kaminski TW, Underwood FB. Star Excursion Balance Test as a predictor of lower extremity injury in high school basketball players. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. 2006 Dec;36(12):911-9.
35. Mcguine TA, Greene JJ, Best T, Leverson G. Balance as a predictor of ankle injuries in high school basketball players. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. 2000 Oct 1;10(4):239-44.
36. Hodges PW, Richardson CA. Contraction of the abdominal muscles associated with movement of the lower limb. Physical therapy. 1997 Feb 1;77(2):132-42.
37. Robinson RL, Nee RJ. Analysis of hip strength in females seeking physical therapy treatment for unilateral patellofemoral pain syndrome. Journal of orthopaedic & sports physical therapy. 2007 May;37(5):232-8.
38. Kavcic N, Grenier S, McGill SM. Quantifying tissue loads and spine stability while performing commonly prescribed low back stabilization exercises. Spine. 2004 Oct 15;29(20):2319-29.
39.Mascal CL, Landel R, Powers C. Management of patellofemoral pain targeting hip, pelvis, and trunk muscle function: 2 case reports. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. 2003 Nov;33(11):647-60.